What restaurants and Hamilton have in common
Valentine's Day, or other special occasion holidays, typically means a packed restaurant. On top of being busy, many restaurants tend to operate a different program for special occasions, such as a different menu, pre fixe service, or a different seating arrangement.
This is similar to an established theatre show, like Hamilton, running a different production one night! It's likely it won't be well-rehearsed, customer expectations won't be met and chaos will ensue.
What can restaurants do?
- Keep the menu tight and limited
- Make sure guest expectations are met
- Be a gracious host to your guests
- If a problem occurs, address it immediately
- Staff appropriately -- tables turn over less on Valentine's day, but you typically have more tables of 2 (instead of 4, 6 or 8)